The SUGARLOAF STATION FOUNDATION is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit Foundation that provides partial scholarships for the Sugarloaf Fine Arts Camp. The Foundation works with the El Dorado County Office of Education (EDCOE) but administers the scholarships independently.
The information provided with the scholarship application will be kept completely confidential. It will only be reviewed by the members of the scholarship committee of the Sugarloaf Foundation.
Campers are invited to apply for either a Need-Based scholarship or a General scholarship. You cannot apply for both.
Scholarship applicants are still expected to pay the $100.00 deposit to EDCOE when submitting their separate applications to attend camp. You may apply for one of these scholarships as soon as you fill out the camp application.
The two available scholarships are described below:
1. Need-Based Scholarships are awarded to financially challenged families whose campers would be unable to attend camp without some financial assistance. Scholarships are partial. In past years, need-based scholarship amounts have varied, but have generally been between $120 - $380 per camper.
2. General Scholarships will be available on a first-apply, first-awarded basis. Due to limited funds, only 70 general scholarships at $50 each will be awarded. The first 70 campers who complete and return a General Scholarship application to EDCOE will be awarded $50 toward their camp tuition.
The Scholarship Application Deadline is MARCH 10, 2017
- Scholarship applications postmarked after March 10, 2017 may not be funded.
- Late applications will only be considered if funds remain after all timely applications have been reviewed by the scholarship committee and funded.
- You should apply as soon as you submit the separate application to attend camp.
Campers awarded a scholarship should be notified no later than April 14, 2017 and the funds will be applied toward any remaining balance of your tuition. You will still need to make your final payment to EDCOE no later than May 5, 2017 or your place at camp cannot be guaranteed. No bill or statement will be sent to you by the Foundation or EDCOE. The scholarships are not transferable and cannot be used for future years.
Download the Scholarship Application by clicking here.
The scholarship applications should be dropped off or mailed to: Attn: Sugarloaf Scholarships c/o EDCOE 6767 Green Valley Road Placerville, CA 95667
If you have any questions, please call the Sugarloaf Foundation at (530) 306-8318.