MAJOR CLASS - JAZZ BAND SERIES
The Jazz Ensemble major is offered Session 2 only.
You must play ONE of the following instruments to be enrolled in any of the jazz bands:
(If you play a different instrument, please consider enrolling in the Concert Band class offered during session #1)
- Enrollment in Jazz Ensemble requires that students have a minimum of three (3) years school band experience. Some experience in a jazz group is recommended but not required.
- Must have completed 9th, 10th or 11th grade
- No previous jazz experience necessary
- Auditions will be held the first day of camp and final placement will be determined by the band instructor(s) at that time
- Drum set and keyboard will be provided
- Bassists and guitarists must provide both the instrument and amp
- All other instruments must be provided by the student
Campers enrolled in the Band major should also select an elective.