MAJOR CLASS — BAND SERIES
The Intermediate Band major is offered Session 1 only.
- Student must provide own instrument. (Percussion instruments, except Snare Drum, will be supplied by camp).
- Student must be currently enrolled in a school band program.
- We are not able to accommodate piano/keyboard or stringed instruments in the Concert Band Program.
- Participation in all rehearsals and the Saturday performance is required.
(Please Note: Non-attendance at the performance will result in disqualification from Sugarloaf camp for the
To determine the section of band that will most accurately meet your skill level, please read the following requirements:
- A minimum of one school year (or its equivalent) on the same instrument is required for participation in Intermediate Band. (Second year students with limited experience may be placed in this group after auditioning.); AND
- Completed grades 5 or 6
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience in a school band is required for participation in Concert Band; AND
- Completed grades 7 or 8.
- A minimum of four years experience in a school band is required for participation in Symphonic Band; AND
- Completed grades 9, 10 or 11.
Auditions will be held the first day of camp and final placement will be determined by the band instructor(s) at that time.
Campers enrolled in the Band major should also select an elective.