How to Apply
Sugarloaf Fine Arts Camp is open to students who will have completed grades five through eleven by July 2024 and who would enjoy the opportunity to explore and to develop an interest in the visual and performing arts.
Completing Your Registration:
If your child received a slot in camp, there are additional steps in the registration process that must be completed. Required registration materials and the $100 deposit, must be postmarked by Friday March 8th and, if applying, the scholarship application must be postmarked by Friday, April 5th. Meeting these dates will prevent the forfeiting of your slot in camp.
Registration steps include:
- Provide at least the deposit amount of $100 to the El Dorado County Office of Education by Friday, March 8th. The balance of the camp fee being due by May 3rd, 2024. Please make check payable to the El Dorado County Office of Education.
- Complete and sign the Authorization to Assist with Medication Form.
- Complete the supplemental information sheet for your Major; Advanced Band, Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Jazz Band & Jazz Ensemble, Vocal Ensemble, Dance, Music Production and Recording, Black & White Photography, Digital Photography, Digital Slideshow, Textile Arts, Theater Arts, Video Production, and Visual Arts.
- Read and sign the Camper Behavior Agreement And Bill of Rights understanding that there is not a refund of tuition fees in cases that involve expulsion from camp.
- Optional: Scholarship Application Form (due April 5th, 2024)
All registration documents and the deposit check must be hand delivered or mailed to: EDCOE, Attn: Sugarloaf Fine Arts Camp, 6767 Green Valley Road, Placerville, CA 95667. Please make checks payable to the El Dorado County Office of Education.
We utilize an online application process. A link to the site will be available on our home page at the start of the Application Window in early February. If you have any questions, please contact: Registrar at 530-295-2253 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participation in all rehearsals and in the final (Saturday) performance is required for campers enrolled in performance majors. Performance majors include all Band sections, Vocal Ensemble, Dance and Theater.
Campers must be committed to the entire camp session.
This is a limited enrollment performing arts camp and the final performance is a vital component of the camp experience.
Therefore, any camper that leaves camp early and does not perform in the Saturday performance will be disqualified from attending Sugarloaf Camp for the following year.